Urlbox is a
PDF/ ... API that allows you to render perfect screenshots and PDF documents from a URL or from HTML.
Urlbox has many different use cases, spanning several industries. Below are a few examples of how you could use the Urlbox API:
- Generate social media sharing images by embedding the Urlbox link directly in meta tags
- Save an image of dynamic user-generated content
- Build a website inspiration gallery
- Ad tech: Create assets / artifacts for advertising networks in various dimensions
- IP infringement: Monitor websites to ensure that they are not using your brand's IP
- Generate PDF invoices from a URL or HTML
- Take hourly screenshots of various news websites
- Render website thumbnails of a list of URLs from a Google Sheet or Airtable Base
- Preview different headlines / copy on your clients' websites
- Schedule and compare screenshots over different time frames
- Run a 'sanity check' screenshot to check that your site looks good at different viewport sizes before releasing
- Screenshot and archive Google search results for various search queries
- Generate PDF catalogues of social media influencers, PR campaigns, etc.
- Use it for internal tools
- and many more!
In general, there are two ways to call the API: Synchronously using the
GET api, or asynchronously using the
Continue to the next page to get started with creating API requests.